1. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
We are Techno FAQ Digital Media based at Quarter F-03, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati – 781039, Assam, India operating as “Market by Techno FAQ”. We are registered at the North Guwahati Municipality, Assam, under number 528. You can reach us through by snail mail or over email.
2. Visiting our Website
When you visit market.technofaq.org and sub-domains, the following data/identifiers are processed:
- Your IPv4 and/or IPv6 address, to allow access, troubleshooting and abuse control.
- Browser and operating system type and version, to display the Website in the right format for your browser and operating system.
- Browser language settings, to show you the Website in the right language.
- Origin of your visit (such as whether you directly typed the Website URL or accessed the Website through a search engine query or link from another website), in order to assess the success of our search engine optimization and information outreach efforts.
- Clicked links and visited (parts of) pages on our Website, to help us get an idea of which of our pages appear to be effective to inform our visitors.
In our web server logs we store the browser user agent, pages visited, IP address and timestamp for a maximum of 30 days after which they are deleted.
No self-hosted or external analytics tool has deployed, in order to analyse usage trends. Keeping privacy as paramount value.
3. Signing up for an Account while ordering/purchasing a Digital or physical product per our Terms
When signing up for an ‘Account’ you are asked to provide:
- Your valid legal full name [including First and Last/Sir name], to be able to address you when we communicate with you.
- A company or business name, if applicable, solely for Billing purposes.
- An existing email Address, that is used to activate your Market Account and to communicate with you in case unfortunate events for instance recovery of account’s access or credentials.
- A phone number, in order to give you an alternate mode of communication with us.
- A postal/mailing address including State/Province, City, Postal/Zip code and Country are required for payment processing and billing purposes.
- Any order notes, if applicable, solely for the purpose of processing the order as per your requirements and/or preferences.
4. Paying with an Account
To facilitate payment and to manage the customers’ subscription, Market by TechnoFAQ works with two reputed third-party payment providers viz. Razorpay and Paypal.
Unlike, most other marketplaces, we do not use any third-party subscription management provider. We process all the subscriptions post-payment in-house. No payment information is stored by us, it is transmitted over secure TLS connection to respective payment providers.
Other than above said third-party payment providers, payments are also processed manually using Direct Bank Transfer and/or Cryptocurrency (including Bitcoin and Ethereum).
It is our recommended payment processor for domestic/Indian and International Card payments including all major Credit and Debit cards. Additionally, it supports netbanking, 9 different mobile payment wallets and UPI options for Indian customers/clients).
5. Location and Data Storage
All server software including web service/server, back-end server software, web administration panel for users and databases (containing customer data and subscription information which are stored in encrypted format) are located in leased physical servers in data centres by Scaleway, France.
No third-party services or outsourcing is used for hosting any of the above-said services.
Managed Hosting and Security Services by Techno FAQ Digital Media
Market by Techno FAQ directly sells some managed digital services. Depending on the preference or choice of an order by any Account holder, any configuration, web server or user administration panel data or user files will be hosted and managed by us for the Account holder in Virtual Private Servers leased by us in France, Germany, Netherlands or Luxembourg in the European Union on behalf of an Account holder.
This applies to any or all sets or combination of services offered by us under Hosting Services category at https://market.technofaq.org/product-category/hosting/ and Security Services at https://market.technofaq.org/product-category/security/
Backups are only processed for our Managed Hosting an Security services when opted or agreed upon explicitly over email or during an order checkout in Optional Order Notes.
Deleted means expunged!
You are in control of your own data. We will not store or retain any customer data unless required by Law. When ask us to delete an Account at https://market.technofaq.org, it will be permanently expunged from our servers. There is no going back.
6. Using Managed Hosting and Security Services by Techno FAQ Digital Media
For all services explicitly excluding VPN/Proxy/Tunnel, above said Section 2 applies.
Market by TechnoFAQ offers Personal/Team VPN/Proxy/Tunnel Digital services that falls under Security Services on our website.
When you use these services, your public IPv4/v6 address is replaced with one of our IP addresses.
While there may not be any web panel or GUI access for an Account holder, however, in order to prevent rampant abuse, we may retain minimal connection data including your last IPv4/v6 address and timestamp primarily for the purpose of debugging. This data is securely discarded every week without error.
In order to protect user privacy, no activity data or logs are kept unless explicitly ordered by an Account holder to do so. Period.
We believe in doing things in-house to upheld your right to privacy unlike other popular so-called privacy email provider. Instead of using third-party solution for support services, we use self-hosted open-source RocketChat based Live Chat cum support solution deployed on physical servers leased from Scaleway in France.
In order to avail support services, we use the information provided by you, such as your name, email address and your query or request. We need this information for basic verification of your account data and primarily for communications.
All the support queries are deleted from our self-hosted system once resolved in 7 days.
You are at liberty to make support queries over private email i.e. email@example.com, telephone or cellphone and snail mail using details provided at support section of our website.
We also offer community support over Freenode IRC and WhatsApp/Telegram Groups too. Please go through their respective privacy policies before using them for any form of support.
8. Our newsletter
We may offer an option to subscribe to our Newsletter. If you have subscribed, you may receive our newsletters until you have unsubscribed. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Unlike, we do not use any third-party solution to avail this service. When you subscribe, your email address is stored by us on servers we control and never transmitted elsewhere or shared with any other party.
This policy is drafted in last week of Feb of 2021. If Market by Techno FAQ decides to change how we process your data currently. The updates will be made in this privacy statement and you will be notified by email all other mode of communication you have subscribed to.